Friday, March 11, 2011

Pinch me.

A little over a year ago, I was contact by someone on behalf of Lark Press. She'd found one of my ABC Along photographs on Flickr and wrote to see if I'd be interested in submitting it for possible publication in an upcoming book.

Sure I'd be interested! She encouraged me to submit any other photos of letter forms I'd taken, and so I carefully put together a package. Literally tied it with a bow.

And then at some point gave up hope, having heard nothing. Well, I told myself, they probably contacted hundreds of people. I chided myself for having gotten so whipped up about it in the first place.

Today I received an email that I *almost* didn't open, but it sounded vaguely enough familiar that I did open it, to learn that indeed I had been selected. Oh Joy! And then, to open the preview image of the cover and see that there, right on the cover, is my very own letter "D."

Can you believe it? I cannot believe it.

It comes out in May.

If it weren't for blogging, and for Vicki's project, this never would have happened.

2 comments:

Vicki Knitorious said...

The coolest thing EVER!! I am so happy for you!

Lynn said...

Hooray for you! It was a brilliant series, so this is very well-deserved indeed! :-)