Monday, July 9, 2012

Ever forward

A quick note to say hello, blog, and to tell you that I miss you.

All is well. We found a house that we all love, and we are well on our way to owning it. The process of selling our current home rolls right along. On August 1st, one lawyer will sell our current house and another lawyer will buy our new house for us -- while we busily manage the movers. There are nearly countless details left to tie down to make it all happen, but merrily (more or less!) we roll along.

I continue the utter slog of putting. things. in. boxes. The task still seems endless but there is a deadline and it will be met. I'm trying not to think too much about the unpacking process on the other end, other than that as hard as I'm finding it to be ruthless about getting rid of stuff now I am committed to getting rid of lots more once we land. We are drowning in stuff, and we just don't need it all. Oh, the dust and the cobwebs and the utter endless piles of stuff; I am committed to a new way of life.

Now I need to go back to putting things in boxes.

2 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Go, go, go, go, go!
You know that I understand where you are at!! It's painful... on every level, but keep going... it will come together and you will arrive at your destination. (((hugs)))
Also: Maria is reading aloud from her very favorite book. You have encouraged her light speed leap into advance reading. Dear, dear friend, thank you.

Jennifer said...

And I do appreciate that you, of all people, do truly understand!!
I knew when Maria revealed her love of Tasha Tudor I just had to send her that book, and I am delighted that she's enjoying it so much~~~