Thursday, January 1, 2015

New year, new start

Just jumping on the built-in change to get a kick-start; no regrets, no promises, just starting again with a fresh energy for all kinds of things.

As always, I got the big-time craft bug bite right at Christmas and, as always, too late really to do much in time for gift giving this year. However, I am forging on and hope to have a whole box full of gifts made over the course of the coming months and have made a start here with Mr. Fox. I've eyed the pattern for a couple of years but resisted on the sound basis of having so. many. other. patterns.  (Not necessarily fox patterns, but for more things than I can make in this lifetime.) He just kept calling me, though, and finally -- delighted I gave in. Directions were pretty good although I'll do several things differently next time. Planning a skulk of foxes.


Ready for this new chapter with all the warm feelings that I'd have curling up with a new book in a sunny window and the time to read. That's my secret, I realize; deciding to be mindful with my time.

1 comment:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

The happiest, most bestest event of this new year... can you even imagine how delighted I am to have you here?? And dear Mister Fox... such a dapper fellow. I am utterly charmed.