Thursday, July 17, 2008

Feeling the love

Amazing. Here's most (but not all) of what Gina sent along to Dean to feed his football love. He is finding it a bit challenging to be not just a soccer fan, but a Liverpool/European circuit fan here in the U.S. Gina spoiled us beyond measure with magazines, trading cards, toys; Dean is still pouring over every page, every item, and happily re-living Euro Cup highs and lows. We're making plans for a return package, and marveling yet again at the kindness of strangers, the power of blogging.

It's a crazy time right now (or I guess I should say, "crazier"). I'm working full time these weeks when Dean is in day camp and while I'm certainly not going to complain given how many people have to work full time all the time, it's just that all my routines are thrown off and I'm having a very hard time keeping up. That plus some repairs being done on the house that bring workmen to the front door by 7 a.m. and trying to remember each morning what Dean's needs are for the day (which camp, what hours, what gear?) are proving to be a bit beyond the normal insanity level. Bottom line, though, is that my posting will be sporadic and my crafting time, well, non-existent.

And its hard to sleep for worrying about the economy, the future. I know worrying does no good, and that these are things outside of my control. I know that we already are doing the things we can do (working hard, saving, being careful on how we spend, conserving gas as much as possible). But still I toss and turn for all the "what ifs." Enough already.

1 comment:

Gina said...

I'm glad that they got to Dean in one piece, and more importantly he's enjoying them.

Love and hugs Gina xxx