Thursday, September 16, 2010

This pretty planet


Do you know this song?

this pretty planet
spinning through space
you're a garden
you're a harbor
you're holy place
golden sun going down
gentle blue giant
spin us around
all through the night
safe till the morning light

It's sung as a round -- it's my most favorite song that we sing at school. I searched to find a recording or video of it to share with you; the one I'm sending you to is one of the least "professional" of the bunch but since it's school kids singing it sounds most the way I love to hear it.

2 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

I love this song.
And you all sing it at school?
Lovely.
Wish I could be there to listen.

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Tom Chapin, with Judy Collins. The only recording I had ever heard sing this song, and it was played often when William was a tot.
I am glad you reminded me of it.