Sunday, January 30, 2011

What it is

This picture of Dean is from 4 years ago, during another snowy New England winter. I am continually reminded of the difference in children's perspective on snow from that of adults; joy, delight, adventure instead of frustration, resentment, and inconvenience.

I'm hoping to take a few new pictures today, including one of the 9 or 10 foot pile of snow at the end of our driveway. Apparently there's another storm brewing that could bring us more snow mid-week. The biggest challenge now is simply where to put the stuff; we're not getting any relief from the freezing temperatures so nothing's melting. And I'm a little worried about the roof.

But otherwise, I plan to finish up the work on the three white tuxedo-style jackets with tails that I'm making for the school play and to cook up some Asian-style mahi for dinner (with a whole tropical bent to show that we haven't given up hope).

And I'd like to formally state that I choose June 5th as the date by which that jumbo pile of snow at the end of the driveway will finally melt away.


2 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

June 5th?!
Now there's a picture. I can just about imagine how huge a snow pile, that last until June, must be!
Please do take and share more pictures!
Sweet Dean... he looks in reverent awe of the fun possibilities!

Juddie said...

Oh, I know it must be a worry and an inconvenience for you, but I haven't seen snow in 13 years and would love to have a snowy winter experience some time! I guess it's human nature to want what we don't have ...