Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sewing Sunday

The snow days, and the post-holidays-let's-make-stuff urge, have compelled me to do a bit of sewing. This jacket is my first experiment with pre-quilted fabric (which is a little stiff, so I hope it softens up over time). No buttons yet, although I'm not sure I want them.

And this one, which I'm calling my gingerbread jacket, made from a joyful polar fleece. I didn't have *quite* enough fabric for this pattern, so I used some aqua blue polar fleece for the facing, which you can just see peeking out at the top. I realize I've made each of these patterns three times (but with entirely different fabrics); I do like going with what works and getting my money's worth from a pattern.

Meanwhile, t's funny to me how sewing/crafting stores have all seemed to rally around Superbowl Sunday sales and events.....

1 comment:

Garnered Stitches said...

Sad to say it's been ironing Sunday for me, without one needle being picked up! I will be sewing tomorrow though. Hurrah!
How is Dean coping with his favourite Liverpool player jumping ship to Chelsea? Great result for Liverpool today if he still supports Liverpool, but not so good if he supports Torres
best wishes