Saturday, August 20, 2016

Inevitable

The fall season is pulling itself onto shore. Days are noticeably shorter, the fall flowers are blooming, and nothing I do slows it down. Dean moves into his dorm in less than two weeks, and we'll learn with this next phase of our lives will feel like. It's a twitchy time, between Ken's upcoming surgery and Dean's departure and the full-on return to busy-busy-busy at work. I actively seek these soft, quiet moments in the yard and am so struck by how the flowers and plants that I'm so drawn to truly are the embodiment of moments. Moments of beauty and joy that simply must be noticed and celebrated because they are fleeting, ever changing. They do mark my year.


A photo a day over at Chicken Blog, too.

2 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

I want to thank for initiating Picture a Day... you've restored my vision, my acknowledgement of "those moments of beauty and joy that must be noted and celebrated." They are fleeting and ever changing, and it's all a bit too fast, too startling... The moments when we pause and reflect, I think help restore some calm, some ease.

Jennifer said...

Even though I'm not able to post daily, I have found that the taking a picture a day has a meditative quality, and does indeed force me to focus on some moment of each day. I'm so glad you jumped in because I don't think I could have kept to it without you!