Monday, December 24, 2007

May your day be merry and bright


Dean and Santa, Disney World, December 2006

And so we prepare for the big night. I'll do the rest of the cooking that can be done ahead, and will prepare our scallop, sugar snap pea, and angel hair pasta dinner for tonight, which we'll eat in front of the fireplace. We'll start early, so there's plenty of time to let the fire die down (although we know Santa is well-prepared and can deal with fireplaces blazing or not). We'll hang our stockings and finish the advent calendars just before we go to bed.

I've been taking my own good advice for a change and have not been working myself into a frenzy. Dean and I decided to put the gingerbread house dough into the freezer so we can make our house after Christmas and in time for New Year's Eve instead. Paper napkins for Christmas dinner (hey, they do have Christmas trees on them!). A spiral-sliced honey ham that only needs to be reheated. It's all good.

I hope you are finding a moment for yourself today at least, if not tomorrow -- I'm listening to Christmas music, drinking my coffee, watching the full moon (I think) set as the sun comes up, feeling happy anticipation. Oh, I've got some notes to take for next year; Ken and I were up late wrapping last night after I'd sworn we'd wrap as we went this year so we could avoid the marathon session. And I've got to work on making some festive fabric bags over the course of the year that we can reuse and thereby cut back on some of the paper. Can do.

Have yourself a very merry Christmas. Thank you so much for stopping by, thanks even more for leaving comments, and here's to a new year of connections and conversations.

2 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Merry Christmas!
Gingerbread houses after Christmas sounds awesome... something to enjoy in the post-Christmas "it's over?" gap.
I like all your ideas and plans... especially the new year of connections and conversations.
Dean is a handsome boy, and good too, I bet. I hope Santa remembers him well!

Lesley said...

Have a very merry Christmas, Jennifer, and thank you for a lovely year of 'connections and conversations'. I'm so glad to know you, and enjoy my daily visits.
Have a lovely holiday with your family, and a relaxing break together.