Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Can't call them the dog days yet

Friday was the last day of school. The traditional family picnic at noon was canceled because of the rains that have been hanging here with us for the past two weeks. It felt odd not to have the sense of closure that comes from the picnic, and the opportunity to say our goodbyes for the summer, but we were pretty tired and at least a bit thankful for the early departure. Dean had a fabulous school year, was sorry to see it end, and is already looking forward to September. It was a difficult year for me for a lot of reasons -- lots of personnel changes at school that made it challenging, lots of changes overall being made -- and I'm not sorry at all to see it end.

Dean's got three weeks off until summer camp programs, and Ken and I are sort of a vacation-day/work-day tag team til then. I'll have 6 weeks off this summer (have I said this already?) to fill with some mix of productive time and hanging out time with Dean.

I'm in a weird, just-the-facts-ma'am kind of mood, which I didn't realize until I sat down to write this post. Sigh. I'd better go shake the cobwebs out.

No comments: