Saturday, June 27, 2009

Even the garden is saying 'enough already.' We may have a bit of a break in the rain today -- just itching to get out there and pull some weeds and get things in shape again.
Pom-pom central. It looks like a winter-time scene, doesn't it? June. Crazy.
Ah. My clean closet. Just -- let's see -- five or six others I should also clean out.

Won't be getting to it this weekend, though. Catching up on other stuff today and then tomorrow's the Confederations Cup final. US v. Brazil. It's an odd feeling -- we went in to the US/Spain game believing that the US had no hope and looking forward to seeing Spain continue on to win the whole thing. Now that the US team has done the unthinkable and beaten Spain, we wonder about Brazil (even though we lost to them in the early rounds). Well, even to take 2nd place would be an amazing accomplishment so we'll enjoy the match no matter what. Aside from the bloody vuvuzelas.

1 comment:

June Calender said...

Jennifer, I don't know where you are in Mass. but i'm on Cape Cod and the word I got yesterday is this was the rainest June since 1904. I just moved here and this is not the summer I was expecting. But things certainly are green and lush and I've done a lot of quilting while I could not be out enjoying the sun. I love the photo of our son in rain gear on a beach.