Friday, March 3, 2017

62

Oh, it started innocently enough (as these things do). A conversation at the lunch table yesterday about the reception at the head of school's house tonight; it turned somehow onto the idea of how funny it would be to sneak something into Jane's house and just leave it there. A round of possibilities debated, and then I suddenly realized that I both had the perfect item AND the will to make it happen. And there it is -- the small resin pineapple with the tree of blackbirds on top. Oh, and there's an extra silly part of the story where, literally 30 seconds after I placed it, Jane herself walked up to me and pulled open the pocket on my jacket -- the very pocket where the pineapple had JUST been -- to drop in a raffle ticket for me. And did I win the raffle? Yes, I did.

No comments: