Tuesday, March 21, 2017

80

There were several reasons why I ended up taking a longer-than-expected break from my morning workouts. Instead of letting the long break lure me into deciding that, eh, it's not worth the bother and whats'-the-point-since-I've-already-blown-it?, I told myself that past decisions made for good reasons didn't need to mean that I couldn't make new decisions going forward. Yes, I lost some ground I had gained, but I can get it back and keep focused on the big-picture plan (which is to age as healthfully as I reasonably can). It's easy to give up on doing hard things because of the past, isn't it? So I'm just looking out, thinking about what I can do in the future and not what I didn't do in the past. Here I go.

1 comment:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Are we in sync, again?
I just posted about starting over on walking, about the struggle with the breaks, the disruptions, the derailments... and trying to remember that we can start over, that we should start over.
It's all about going forward.