Saturday, September 6, 2008

Wild

I've been searching, and have had Ken and Dean in on the search, for the letter form 'r' or 'R' for weeks now. Weeks! Even though it's not ideal, and is in fact a bit o' a stretch, I hope you will look with me at this cloud formation and see in the blank (or blue) space the lower case 'r' form. The challenge with letter forms in clouds isn't in finding them -- they are there all the time! The challenge is getting the camera up to the sky in time to snap the picture before the form morphs before your eyes into something else. Try it sometime to see what I mean; it is the inherent nature of clouds to be just utterly, constantly changing, but you might not realize how quickly it happens until you try to capture some exact formation with a camera. Anyway, I'm not giving up on finding a more believable 'r,' but being a deadline-driven soul I feel the need to get something posted before we're officially on to 's' for the ABC-Along.
And then of course 'r' is for 'rabbit.' Dean took this picture in our yard; the wild rabbits trust him to come closer than they allow me. We had the biggest wild rabbit population this summer that we've ever seen, but then it has been followed by the most active coyote presence, too. I've heard coyotes for years, singing at night, but this was the first year I actually saw them -- two -- walking right through our yard. There is no mistaking a coyote for a dog; the big ears, the long legs, the wild lean body of a true hunter make the difference clear. We find, um, coyote poop on our driveway pretty regularly which is a little unnerving -- are they trying to tell us something? A warning to Biscuit? Dean and I did not do our usual camp out in the backyard this summer because I didn't want to meet a coyote in the middle of the night out there.

1 comment:

Gina said...

I can just about see the 'r', if I squint.
I don't blame you not camping out. I don't think I'd wantto meet a coyote in the night either.

Love and hugs Gina xxx