Saturday, January 30, 2010

Delightful!

It's been a challenging January. January is the kind of month that can be hard all by itself, but this one's been especially tough.

But just as things were poised to end on fairly ugly terms, the skies have suddenly brightened.

First, I found out yesterday that I won the most delightful tote bag over on a blog I'd just recently discovered -- doe-c-doe. When she posted the photo of that bag I just fell in love, and now I've gone and had the good luck to win it. It is also just the kind of blog that I love, so it's cause for celebration all around.

Next, and I don't want to get too far ahead of things on this one, but I had an email from someone at a reputable publisher who's working on an alphabet book (digital photos taken by all levels of photographers) and -- see my "D" above? -- she's considering my image for the book! I'd participated in ABC-Along 2008 by taking 2 photos during roughly every 2 weeks that year. All my photos were taken outdoors, of natural things, and one was the letter form itself and one was something beginning with the letter. I have a free account on flickr and weirdly not all the images I originally posted are still there, but this D has survived and now apparently has some level of chance of ending up in a book.

Whether it pans out or not, I'm just so pleased to know that I was at least being considered.

And that's a pretty delightful way to say 'farewell' to January.

5 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

That is DDDDD-Delightful!
I was thinking of your ABC's when at the beach I saw a seaweed Y. I will pass it along to you.
Now I am going to Doe-C-Doe to see your tote.

Julie said...

Jennifer, that's sooo cool! I'm very happy for you to have been honored in being selected. It's a great letter "D" and I think it deserves a place in the publication!....I do hope February more than compensates for whatever disappointments/challenges January brought your way. :) Now I'm off to see the wonderful prize you won!

Julie said...

Did I say "selected"? Oh dear. I meant that you're being considered, although I'm hoping, thinking you WILL be selected!

Gina said...

Congratulations. I had a look and that's a great bag you've won.
I'm sure you'll be represented in that book. It's a stunning pic that makes something ordinary quite special

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Laura Jane said...

I'm sorry to hear your month has been so tough.

But very glad to hear things are looking up.

I was thinking of your ABC along as well, only yesterday, as I regularly pass a 'rabbit' made of tree foliage in my drive near here.

COngratulations on the tote win and the 'book possibility'