Friday, January 1, 2010

Resolved

And a glorious, happy, healthy, safe, and creative 2010 to you!

One of Dean's resolutions is to cook more often, so we started right in New Year's Eve with a family-made meal. We'd also cooked all together a few days ago and while it does pose some challenges (mostly me getting over my habits and mindset about how much quicker it can be to do things myself, and being patient with people big and small with less kitchen experience than I), it is heavenly for me. I love not being alone in the kitchen, I love the shared effort to put on a meal, and I love teaching Dean the ropes. This particular evening we were making one of Ken's specialties (breaded and sauteed chicken strips with a creamy pasta sauce) and braised endive, and it was great having Ken in charge of his recipe. A loaf of crusty French bread was picked up at the store that morning for the occasion.

We hope to manage a couple of family-made meals each month.

A toast to the year we've finished out, the year ahead, and every effort we make along the journey to do better, to be better. I resolve to worry less about what isn't and to enjoy what is.

2 comments:

Juddie said...

Oooh yum! I love cooking with my husband too ... it doesn't happen often, but it's also something we' like to do more frequently from now on. I'm sure Dean will have a great time too :)

Julie said...

Sounds like a fun way to build memories and teach at the same time!

Amen, to being thankful for what is! I'll join you in reaching for that goal. :)