Sunday, April 22, 2007

See you in a week

Happy Earth Day! We'll be outside today, raking the lawn, cleaning up the gardens, practicing soccer, having lunch, bird-watching, and napping. Heaven is Earth.

After today, I'll be off-line for a week, participating in TV Turn-off Week, which for us extends to all forms of electronic entertainment. What with the new-found world of blogging, this will be harder for me than it has been in previous years -- only fair, given how hard it is for Dean. I urge you to give this a try (it IS an international event); turning away from television and computers for a week absolutely gives your mind, your eyes, your heart a rest while it opens you up to everything else you can do with your time. Also makes you more critical, once you do go back, of the choices you make (at least, that's how it works for us). Finally, I believe it is important to push yourself periodically to do things that you don't think you can do, or that you don't really want to do -- just to prove that you can. Nothing crazy, mind you. I'll be using the time on some certain quilting and sewing I've been writing about, as well as getting ready for Dean's birthday party next Saturday.

Enjoy your week, and tell me what you've been up to. See you later--

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your week :)

Anonymous said...

Well you won't see this until tomorrow, I wonder how you got on this week. I'm going to be having an internet free week next week when I'm home with my parents - it will be interesting to see how I cope!