Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I am grateful

Really can't begin to tell you how grateful I am for your positive response to Hope Revolution. Funny how sometimes it's just the timing of the right idea that makes it take off.

Stephanie commented that she'd been thinking about making notes to leave at work but was sure everyone would know it was her; I've started leaving a few at work and I am positive people will know it's me and I think that's OK although of course I will deny all knowledge.... Next time I'm at a bookstore, I want to put some right in to a whole bunch of magazines, and I've been making more notes and thinking about where to leave them out in the world.

Meanwhile, I've made another delightful discovery. As far as I can tell, a teacher presented a poem to his class and then created a template and assigned the students to write a poem in that style. [Just now I can't get that particular link to work, so I'll come back to it.] It's a "exercise in identity," and a number of bloggers (all new to me) have written their own versions. These represent some of the most amazing writing I've encountered online; they certainly tell you volumes about the person and almost always give a sense of the place she grew up. Please go take a look at these and think about creating one for yourself. Mine is in the works.

Days go by
Life's Free Treats
Blue Mountains Mary
Pea Soup
Two lime leaves

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Hi Jennifer - I'm back! On my gorgeous computer again, with lots of lovely blogging to catch up on. I've missed you. I called in occasionally while I was away, and thank you for all your kind comments and good wishes. Now I'm going to go back a whole month and see what you've been up to.

You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

I'm so doing this.. I think I am going to save it and give it to my mom for mother's day.

Really great.

Unknown said...

I saw this on two limeleaves and it was just beautiful and I thought about doing it too but then forgot - I'll try and join you over next weeks. I think it will be a good journalling exercise as generally I see my background and culture as very bland! A challenge to get somthing out of it!