Friday, August 1, 2008

Flashback Friday

"Summer 1935"

My mom is on the left, her cousin Virginia on the right. My grandmother labeled the back with the date, which is rare enough (that any family photos have any labels) and I'm fortunate to know who these sweeties are. People seem to have a hard time imagining that there will ever come a time that the family members who own the photos won't just automatically know who the subjects are, which is one reason so many old photos wind up in antique stores.

Anyway, at least today I've discovered why my mom always insisted on the pixie haircut for me....

1 comment:

UK lass in US said...

I've been gathering (very slowly) photos and details about my family. It would have been a lot easier if I hadn't moved over here shortly after starting the project. I feel like I'm racing against time, as there are only a couple of people from my grandparent's generation left to put names to the faces.