Sunday, June 10, 2007

Goats, ducks, and friends

Yesterday Swap-bot assigned me my partner for Helen's Swap-a-goat scheme; I sat right down and ordered up a flock of ducks in my partner's name from Heifer International. Now I'll put together a little envelope to send off to her. The purpose of the swap was to make a donation in your partner's name to an organization that helps those most in need in the world by providing something (mosquito netting where malaria kills, ducks where a family can raise them both for the eggs and for market income, etc.) that will make a meaningful difference in people's lives. Sending along a little something extra to your partner is optional, and of course I can't resist.

Helen herself sent me a real, live letter that she wrote while in Marrakesh -- now that's a real treasure.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It got there already?! Wow.