Friday, June 1, 2007

What is so rare...

Wow. My scanner really doesn't do well with deep pinks! The colors of the fabric are much more dusty rose than you'd ever guess from seeing this. Anyway, it's a portion of a block done years ago as part of an international round robin that went horribly wrong (one person kept someone else's stuff and dropped from sight, which prompted certain other people to also keep what they had rather than send it on to the rightful owner -- of course I returned everything and ended up with nothing of my own coming back to me so I never received the companion blocks meant to go with this). Water under the bridge. But I'm thinking of what it might be fun to do with this; I'll keep you posted.

Despite an overall break from the world o' swapping, I couldn't resist the siren call from Melly and Me, and invite you to check out my swap partner Linda's great blog (I've added her to my standing list as well). This is already shaping up as a wonderful experience.

And, June? June!? How on earth did that happen? It's hot and humid and yet "June" seems an impossibility.

Is ours the only household delighted by the Harry Potter Park news? We finally have reason to tear ourselves away from Walt Disney World on a future Orlando trip and hasten over Universal-way to check this out. Not until 2010, but still. We were disappointed to read that plans for the park do not include having characters from the book walking around; we were looking forward to a whole new autograph/photo scene....

1 comment:

Donna Layton said...

This sounds like such a fun swap. I love fabric and have been in the mood to do an art quilt lately. I've only made one "real" quilt and it was such fun. Oh, I wish you had a digital camera so we could see the goodies you send the goodies you get!