Saturday, June 30, 2007

Welcome, Noah













I love this arrangement Dean created from three softies I've made for him this year; every time I walk by it, it seems to me to be our own little Musicians of Bremen tower. I offer it today in honor of Noah Austin Russell, my very first great nephew (that is to say he is the son of my nephew). Noah arrived late yesterday afternoon, and checked in at 7 lbs., 3 oz. and 21 inches. I hear that mama and baby and proud father are all doing well and hope I'll have a picture or two to share before long (they live in Chicago or I'd just hop on over to the hospital myself for a few pictures and precious baby snugs). Noah is the first member of this next generation (making my mother a great-grandmother) and he's the newest member of a very special club -- all the men in my family, coming down from my father's side, bear "Austin" as their middle name. My father's grandfather was Frank Austin, my dad was Denis Austin (yes, spelled the French way), my brothers are Anthony Austin and Christopher Austin, of course I've got Dean Austin and his cousins are Nicholas Austin (Nick is the new dad), Alexander Austin, and Joshua Austin. In a family with few traditions, this one is precious beyond words and it is with a huge sigh of a relief and a little smile to the spirit of my dad (who would have been delighted) that I see it carried on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tower, beautiful tradition, and, no doubt, one very beautiful baby boy. Welcome, Noah Austin.

Anonymous said...

congratulations! on being a great aunt that is wonderful news. I am sooo happy you liked the fabric, the scans of it all looks so good, you set it up so beautifully!!

Unknown said...

Looks like Noah is the name of the month! I challenge you to make him a cot quilt!!