Friday, June 15, 2007

Happy Trails


If by any chance you are casting about for summer reading material, I cannot more highly recommend this book -- Heidi's Alp. It's non-fiction -- an account of a family's summer travels across Europe in search of locations mentioned in or that inspired some classic fairy tales. I re-read this regularly. If you happen to live in or near Europe, all the more reason to read it since you have a very real opportunity to then check out some of these places yourself. The link that I made on the book's title, above, takes you to an Amazon page where this book is currently available used for as little as one penny. A penny! Give yourself or a dear friend a real treat.

Speaking of travel, this is likely to be my last post for a little while as we pack up for our own little summer vacation. Oh, I'll be back before you know it, before June is out. We head out bright and early tomorrow morning, assuming I get everything packed up this afternoon. We'll be calling each other by our Hobbit names, or maybe by our elven names, the whole time.

If you're looking for some quilt project ideas, I'd like to share a site that's new to me: Quilter's Home magazine. I was impressed by the quality of their free patterns -- not the usual stuff. I've never seen this magazine on the stands but will keep an eye open for it -- it seems pretty fresh.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Have a wonderful holiday, Jennifer! — from Lesley in San Diego

Donna Layton said...

Sounds like a wonderful book. I hope you have a safe and relaxing vacation. You'll be missed.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I'll look that book up. Enjoy your vacation :)