Sunday, January 27, 2008

Back to "a"

Can you see the "A" form on this tree trunk?

"A" is for arborvitae.

Although I'd posted these on Flickr at the ABC-Along 2008, I never did post them here, as Natalie pointed out! I do wonder with my "found form" letters (where I am attempting to find things in nature/outdoors that suggest the form of each letter) if it's just me -- is my "A" made of veins or my "B" rock as obvious to you as it is to me, or am I seeing things? The second photo for each letter will be something that starts with that letter, and I'm hoping through that exercise that I learn more names of things as I go.

We were so fortunate to get out last night to hear a local symphony and have a lovely dinner out with friends while Dean had a great time with Olivia, who came over to watch him. Aside from the joy of hearing professional musicians perform, I especially love the way a particular program introduces connections and relationships between seemingly unrelated pieces of music; I imagine that's the real passion for the conductors and directors who develop the programs. They teach us to hear music in new ways.

4 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

You win the Best in Show for your Nature Alphabet. I went to see the Flickr photos and I was hoping the alphabets were found letters, like what you've done, but mostly it was "A is for Apple."
I do see the "A" and the "B"." And in the picture of Dean in the snow, I imagined an "A" in the branches. I saw a wide mouthed "O" in his garden.
More!

Felicia said...

Perhaps I need another cup of coffee this morning. It took me a few minutes to find the A in that picture! LOL

Unknown said...

All very clever and pretty Jennifer but where are the photos of your craft room mess you promised me?!

Laura Jane said...

I see them - I do believe, I do believe Jen!

You don't even need to squint to see them. They're lovely photos, keep going, I'm keen to see how they turn out.

And Helen - if you want to see craft room messes...O...M...G you should see mine! (NO you can't, although I DO have photos and they are not very pleasant)