Sunday, January 20, 2008

Countdown to Valentine's

Ken and Dean both love this little blue doggie that I made about a year ago as one of Dean's countdown to Valentine's Day lunch box treats, and Ken urged me show him to you. I made him from the still perfectly good part of one of my most favorite pairs of socks that became too worn out to wear, and I made him up as I went along (which was a little harder to do than I thought it would be). I'm thinking about getting started on this year's treats -- Valentine's is getting close and there are 4 days in that week to count down.

I'm working on the "8 things" meme for which Natalie tagged me -- 8 things I am passionate about is easy, but 8 things to do before I die is taking a lot of thought.

Thanks to the ABC-Along, I discovered exactly how I want to spend Mother's Day this year -- how great does the New Hampshire Sheep and Wool Festival sound!?! Yup, I thought so too! Someone posted photos she'd taken at the Festival last as part of the ABC project. Hmmm. Theoretically, we will have a real dog by then (we've been in family discussions for a long time, and it seems as though for Dean's birthday in April we will be finally making his dream come true). Probably not a sheep dog, though....

5 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Love the sock baby!
And I want to go to the Sheep and Wool Festival!
I have a suggestion: Watch "Nature" tonight and try to find a repeat of last weeks episode: Origins of the dog. Tonight is the concluding episode and it's about all the dog varieties. We were riveted... made us wish for a dog too!

Mary in Boston said...

Headed over here from Vicki's blog. Love the sock dog. So cute!

Thank you for the info on the Sheep and Wool Festival too. Now I don't have to wait all the time til October for Rhinebeck!

Sam I Am said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.. he is adorable!!!!
he automatically makes one smile!!! how sweet!
I can't wait to see what new treats you come up with!
hugs..
sandy

Felicia said...

Aw, sweet sock doggy!

nannykim said...

It's darling--I am always amazed at all of the things that can be made from socks!! I made monkeys this Christmas ;-)