Monday, January 7, 2008

It is a truth universally acknowledged...

...that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife.

Ah, heaven. Are you with me? Jane Austen's novels are incredible, accessible works of art, and if you've not read one yet I must passionately ask you to read Pride and Prejudice. But hey, if you're already an Austen fan, or if maybe you need a little convincing, how's this for magnificent? I have one question, though, if anyone can help me figure this out. The Boston PBS station will air Persuasion on January 13 at 9, but I can't figure out if they are running the same 90 minute program 3 times in a row, or if these 3 installments of 90 minutes each comprise the whole. I think it's just the one, 90-minute show being aired repeatedly, but that seems kind of crazy.... If your local PBS listings make the situation any clearer, I'd love to know about it.

Now, more than ever, you need this.
I am Anne Elliot!


Take the Quiz here!


6 comments:

Felicia said...

Yippee! Tivo here I come! :)

Unknown said...

I never knew you were an Austen fan. My husband is too but I dob;t really get her! Twice a year we rent a flat around the corner from the Jane Austen museum in Bath.

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

I found this link:http://www-tc.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/schedule/masterpiece_classic_schedule.pdf

which shows that every Sunday will be a new program... oh, but will Persuasion air in one episode or over 3 nights? hmmm

Must figure this out!

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

I think your local PBS station will be repeating the same program, because our station is showing it from 9-10:30, followed by a completely different program. This is very exciting... I will pass the word, since I know few Austen fans.

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

a few fans, not few fans lol

Lesley said...

Oooh - thanks for the Persuasion info. I'll be setting the telly to record.
I just took the quiz which told me I was Eleanor Dashwood. Okay!