Monday, February 11, 2008

Another vintage photo

This gem is labeled on the back "Dolores Birthday Party." Isn't it wonderful? My guess is that Dolores is front and center, with the white leggings and dark hair. There's no date, but I'm going to guess early 1900s; I say that because of the giant hair bows on the girls that remind me of the ones in photos of my grandmother -- the two children in sailor suits probably also give a hint at the date, as do the appearance of regular lace-up shoes (third girl from right) as opposed to boots, but I don't know enough to be able to really interpret those clues. Dolores' family must have been well-off to be able to hold a party for 16 children, wouldn't you think? I'm not sure when children's birthday parties came into vogue; more to research!

1 comment:

Garnered Stitches said...

I love to look at old photographs but find it sad when they do not stay with the family, or the family tree has come to a natural end and the photos have no home to go on to. Where are the people, or their children now? What kind of lives did they lead? A moment caught in time - rather precious, I feel.