Saturday, February 23, 2008

One year, five days


Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.

Albert Einstein

I knew it was coming up; I had it written in my calendar and everything. I thought about it quite a bit, too. But then I let my one year anniversary here at Infinity More Monkeys come and go without so much as a mention, until now. February 18 was the day. Aside from all the usual life suspects that kept me from getting to it here, I felt I'd already read everything there was to be said by other bloggers when they celebrated their one-year mark. We know what makes this experience life-altering; we know why we do it despite set-backs, fatigue, uncertainty. I've still got boxes to get together and send off to friends I've made here and so am honestly hesitant just now to offer another drawing for a gift to bestow upon a randomly chosen commenter, although I feel with a blogversary that's a given. Maybe once it seems a little more like spring here, I'll get something together.

In the meantime I will say that each time you visit, each time you comment, it means something to me. It makes me feel connected to the world in a way that nothing else ever has. I visit your blogs because I care about you. I am genuinely interested in what you have to say, I enjoy seeing what you're up to, what the weather is like by you, what you're working on, what you're struggling with, what makes you happy. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for widening your circle by one, for letting me in.

10 comments:

Montserrat said...

Congrats on reaching the one year mark! I'm glad we've stumbled upon each other. :D

Sam I Am said...

awwwww...
congrats on your one year and five days in bloglandia :)
what a sweet post.. its so nice to 'meet' all sorts of people from all over..and enjoying it from a comfy chair or couch and jammies :)
thank you for helping me 'widen' my cirle.. and being a part of post-exchanges with me :)
lotsa hugs..
sam

Heidi Kaisand said...

Having a blog is so wonderful. Congratulations on the 1-year anniversary. And, thanks for caring about others!

Laura Jane said...

Happy blogiversary Jen,

I love to visit and catch-up on all your news for all the same reasons. I do feel like I've made new friends because we bloggers share so much (by choice). This is the 21st century equivalent of penfriends.

We choose how superficial our blogs are, or how deep, but the connection is really important.

Well said. Look forward to much longer connections with you.

UK lass in US said...

Congratulations on reaching the one year mark.

As for me, I've loved discovering the world of blogs. Before that, I didn't know anyone who liked to make things. It's been nice to find other people who are interested in the same things as me!

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

What kind and generous thoughts, so warm. Thank you, and congratulations on your anniversary of blogging. You let us in and we are grateful. Your company is a joy.

pikkujutut said...

Gongratulations! Thank you for your warm and kind words!
I'm very happy you decided to follow some links and we get in touch ;).

Garnered Stitches said...

What a lovely post, I enjoy visiting your blog and thanks for the connection across the waters. My Husband asked why I was always on the computer these days and was I becoming a blog-addict? I said no and that I was conversing with the creative world, as one would do if in an art college or creative job. We just happen to use the medium of hyperspace to communicate! Keep blogging, it's great to have discovered you, I thank Helen, Queen of Quiltland!

jess said...

Yay! I'm so excited for your 1 year! That's a long time. It's so fun to feel so connected to people you don't know. Thanks for being here and sharing your stories with us.

Unknown said...

I am still a new kid on the block. I wonder if I have the stickability to make the year anniversary? (Considering blogging is something that I just did not 'get' not have the inclination to do.) Yet, here I am....