Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

Wishing you a lovely, homespun Valentine's Day! This is not a made-up, "Hallmark" holiday as some protest; this is an ancient celebration of love, and of expressing love. How you honor it, celebrate it, is up to you -- no one says you must go out and spend lots of money. I made Dean a little gift that he'll find in his lunch box (photo tomorrow!) and we made cards for each other that we will exchange at dinner time. Dean made cards and bookmarks for his classmates. I am very disappointed that I am required to be at a Board of Trustees' meeting at school tonight; it bothers me that this large group of adults doesn't care that it's an important family holiday but we'll enjoy the first part of our evening together at home, anyway.

Don't you love this photo? Hurray for PhotoShop, since the original was very underexposed. I'm saying this must have been taken during WWI; see the Red Cross caps on 2 of the dolls? And the clothing is clearly not WWII vintage.

6 comments:

Merisi said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you!
I can understand your disappointment about having to attend a meeting tonight. I know from my experience at my children's school in the US, that with twelve board members we often had a really hard time finding evenings with at least the required 6 plus 1 able to attend, in order to vote. Maybe the bring some extra resolve not to let the meeting last too long!

Sam I Am said...

Happy Valentine's day!!!!
hugs..
sandy

jess said...

I am soo lovin all these old pics! I'm doing some work with a bunch of my husbands great grandmothers pictures and it's so much fun! I think it's extremly important to have a pictoral history if you can, they're amazing! By the way, thanks so much for the paper cutting site! I'm becoming obsessed. I think I really need to take up this new hobby. The things you can do are so amazing! Thanks again!

Unknown said...

nice vintage pics, gotta go find mine in some old box somewhere...

Felicia said...

Hope you had a wonderful V day :)

pikkujutut said...

Hope your day was great! Your pictures are so nice.