Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Countdown to clean up

Not the best photo, but I did accomplish a few things last year and one was finishing and hanging this quilt that I had, ah, begun as a baby quilt for friends who were expecting. The child is something like 16 years old now (we gave an alternate gift at the time) so it hangs in our bedroom instead. It is a true square, and the colors are richer/deeper, but there you go.

Are you joining me and Helen for clean-up day this Saturday, Feb. 9? I'll be here, posting from time to time between 7 a.m. and 12 noon EST; Helen will clock in on her blog from 12 noon to 5 p.m. on -- gosh, is it Greenwich Mean? Well, the time by the clocks in England, in any case. Let us know if you're catching up on some of your own projects -- cleaning, completing WIPs, whatever's your fancy. Helen sent me some inspiration in the form of chocolate-covered "mint cake" which is not really cake but more candy -- wonderful stuff.

I've shown you all my messes, and I have been making progress every day. Ironing the pile of linens that's been waiting (napkins, tablecloths, table runners, place mats), picking up, sorting out, throwing out, giving away as I go. Facing all the issues of how I get myself into this situation in the first place has been tough, but worthwhile. And I WILL still come clean on the fabric front -- just need a brighter day to take some better photos. For your information, the rest of my home is not a disaster; my issue is that I put my effort elsewhere, almost always, and rarely into taking care of things for myself. No more, I say. Well, I also say, given that we've got a puppy coming I'm yet again taking on something that will take me away from my own pursuits.... So it goes. Tell me what you're working on and what your goals are.

2 comments:

FRIZZ said...

Ooohhh...how inspiring. I just got a hand-me-down sewing machine and love quilts. When I get enough time and nerve I'm gonna try one! Very lovely quilt.

Love your new puppy too. Look forward to seeing more pics!

Garnered Stitches said...

Jennifer, I am hoping to join you in spirit whilst tidying my own work room. I have just returned from the Friday shop with storage boxes, plastic folders (for sorting out the magazine cuttings I will be making as I go through ALL the magazines I now have!)and baskets to put all the unruly equipment in it's place. Have you considered making an inventory of your equipment? It's what I intend to do, just to see how much money is sitting in the work room to give an idea for insurance purposes. I hope I don't give DH a shock! LOL
Good Luck