Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Eternity

We had more snow yesterday -- about 4 or 5 more inches when it was all over. We New Englanders are feeling very sympathetic to our friends over in England, who do not have the kind of equipment it takes to deal with the amount of snow they've had.

Why does winter seem endless, in a way that summer does not? Although I guess that depends on your summer (thinking of the heat in Australia).

Meanwhile, in the "endless" department, I've been waiting 2.5 weeks for my copy of:
this to arrive. From here. I felt I couldn't risk trying to get it from local bookstores that might not carry it, but apparently my ability to wait patiently has fallen victim to the otherwise instant pace of life. Sigh. Soon, I hope. And now I have to figure out how to handle my desire for this:
which features an apron of Kim's.

What are you waiting for?

3 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Rain. Definitely rain.

Unknown said...

I an waiting to see whether snow ( and our abilty to cope with more than 2 flakes of it) prevents me travelling to Durham on Saturday to meet with the people with whom I want to do my City and Guilds embroidery course. I hate snow!

Paula Bowles said...

thanks for dropping by my blog :) snow does seem to bring most of england to a standstill! But me and some friends went and played in it all :o)