Saturday, March 17, 2007

Seeds


It's funny to me to hear people (or at least Martha Stewart, anyway) refer to St. Patrick's Day as the time to plant peas. We're more than a month away from our last frost date, and today we've got a fresh 8 inches of snow being pounded down by a fresh few inches of ice and sleet; gardening still seems forever away. But perhaps Dean and I could get out the seed starting stuff and get some tomato seeds in or something, in the spirit of the thing. We'll celebrate our St. Patrick's Day here at home, more in the manner it's celebrated in Ireland -- a quiet holiday with family and a nice meal, and not the rowdy, over-the-top mess it's become here in the U.S. No green food coloring at our place, thank you very much. Dean wishes we were having salmon for dinner. Don't we all?

With the snow and a day at home yesterday, I did manage (trumpets, please) to finish quilting my work-in-progress quilt. Today the basting comes out and with any luck I find suitable fabric on hand to use for the binding. I see the light, and I thank the world of fellow crafting bloggers for the inspiration to get the thing done. I'll admit that I'm still fighting the constant urge to start MORE new projects, even as this one teeters on the brink (I spent time yesterday, too, on the mini-quilt mentioned last post) but I really am trying to behave. Dean's dog quilt will be the next WIP I tackle, although I still haven't found those buttons for the noses and may have to (sigh) buy new ones. At least that's the guaranteed way to have the old ones suddenly appear. And realizing just now that it's just 3 weeks til Easter lights a fire to get some bunnies made, quickly -- Gail's chocolate dinosaurs make me think of the chocolate rabbit mold I have, and I've seen, somewhere, a woman who makes soft-toy rabbits that look JUST like the chocolate ones.... New ideas are planted every single day.

Just did this "brain test" and am not surprised to see that the results have me working about equally in right and left brain mode:

Brain Lateralization Test Results
Right Brain (46%) The right hemisphere is the visual, figurative, artistic, and intuitive side of the brain.
Left Brain (48%) The left hemisphere is the logical, articulate, assertive, and practical side of the brain
Are You Right or Left Brained?
personality tests by similarminds.com

No comments: